BIG BUTCH BARKS BACK


Created for some of the more raw and painful aspects of growing up different. Sometimes angry, sometimes funny, always honest. Sometimes, the language is very harsh because pain is not gentle.

I am determined to chronicle all aspects of living with absolute candor and genuineness. It allows a connection with others at a deep soul level because they see that you understand their struggles when you reveal your own. If you are offended by cursing or expect the beauty you see on my other blog, Whisper Creek, then you may want to avoid this one. This is the very human side of me, the one God plainly sees. It is the part that God is healing. Let that be my witness.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Prayer for Rest

 
 
In the anger, in the rage
Let me out of this tiny cage
I try puttin’ the words on the page
Already getting tired in my middle age

But it’s a hard and a mighty long battle
I feel I’m up shit creek without a paddle
Listening to the bullshit and all the prattle
Can’t get through, their brains I can’t rattle.

Can’t seem to make sense of this crap at all
But I scrape and climb and sometimes crawl
And I stand by the cliff wondering if I would fall
Who would be there to catch me if I should call.

Father God, Mother Earth, my unseen divine
Can you give me a clue, can you give me a sign
You created it all, my interior design
Tell me what I have to do to reach the goal line.

For I’m done and I’m tired, I really need a nap
In your holy embrace, in your divine lap
Please let me rest, as my heart you unwrap
Cause if I don’t someday soon I fear I will snap.

Help your child to rest…please.

No comments:

Post a Comment