BIG BUTCH BARKS BACK


Created for some of the more raw and painful aspects of growing up different. Sometimes angry, sometimes funny, always honest. Sometimes, the language is very harsh because pain is not gentle.

I am determined to chronicle all aspects of living with absolute candor and genuineness. It allows a connection with others at a deep soul level because they see that you understand their struggles when you reveal your own. If you are offended by cursing or expect the beauty you see on my other blog, Whisper Creek, then you may want to avoid this one. This is the very human side of me, the one God plainly sees. It is the part that God is healing. Let that be my witness.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cave



Crawl in my dark secluded cave
its my heart I'm trying to save
I can't see out, you can't see in
while I figure what's wrong within.

And while I sit inside of here
I make like magic, I disappear
maybe I cease to exist
vanish quietly and safely into the midst.

But I still see the me that's inside
what hurts so much, what I'm trying to hide
and I can't make it go away
no matter how hard I try to pray.

I'm in a bad place, I'm in it now
but surely I will make it, make it somehow
I'll open up this small dark place
and clean it up and make some space.

Maybe one day when its fully healed
in this cave I've kept so concealed
I'll let in sunshine, I'll bless this place
and I'll allow your sweet embrace.

But until that moment, until that time
continue to love me, continue to shine
because your spirit to my heart does bring
love carried by the angels on their angel wings.


No comments:

Post a Comment